Pages

January 15, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

It's been a long time since I've honestly done anything art-related. It's been a long process for me, but I'm finally ready to get back to what I love about animation.

On New Year's Day, my sister and I went to the touring Cartoon Network "ANIMATION!" exhibit which was at the Pacific Science Center, just a few blocks from my work at Seattle Center. I had been wanting to go because it was all hands-on and made especially for the kids. I wanted to go and see them interacting and remember what it was like when I was first learning and be inspired.

I got more than I bargained for. It was so much fun and it reminded me not just about my classes but why I did what I did. Because it's fun! I even got to do this cool bullet time jump where the camera takes about 10 photos from all angles and then spins you around. There was so much to see it's hard to describe it all. Marcie was a genius at the foley station - they had a Codename: KND clip you could make SFX to and she got to be this little dancing fly. It made everyone in the booth crack up!


There was a drawing table as well and for the first time in a long time I sat down to draw. I did a picture of Madame Foster:



I've titled it, "I've still got it!"

It made me feel so happy, just this one drawing. I think I'm ready to get back to the drawing board as they say (or at least my poor neglected drafting table!)

With that I'm happy to announce a collaboration between me and Leila of Stretching My Brain. I'm going to do a short short film based on one of her poems.

Here's hoping for something that will give us lots of joy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!