Pages

October 26, 2007

Officially a Californian Girl

Everything fit into my car! Magic!
Everything fit into my car! Magic!

It’s been a few days since I moved in to Altadena and things have been happening so fast I hardly have time to keep up with them. But today was especially sweet because today I finally received my Californian driver’s license in the mail. Huzzah! So it’s official now, I’m Californian and here to stay.

Unfortunately, there’s been nothing new on the job front yet. I’m still applying to jobs and waiting to hear back from one. I’m really hoping to get a chance to interview with Nick for a Production Assistant job. I know I’d do a great job with it!

Of course, as everyone knows (and if you’re new like me, listen closely) it’s really hard to break in and get that fabled “First Real Job”! (Can you hear the heavenly choir when you read that?)

Speaking of which, since I’m knew to the neighborhood, I’m looking to meet some friends in the industry! Any hungry animation artists out there? I’d be more than happy to buy you some lunch. Just send me an email.

Look at all the studios! I'm almost there.
Look at all the studios! I’m almost there.

On a very happy note, tonight is the semi-annual General Meeting for the Women in Animation guild in Glendale - and this will be my very first meeting in person. I’ve been involved with WIA since 2005 and they helped me find a good school and now I’m volunteering on their website (which, if you haven’t seen it yet, then you must)! I’m hoping to make some friends and possibly make some networking connections. I will type up a report, but for now I have to get ready.

:)

- Joanie /^>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!